Wednesday, December 26, 2012

HALLOWEEN FROST by Jennifer Estep


Title: "Halloween Frost"

Anthology: Entangled

Series: Mythos Academy #1.5

Author: Jennifer Estep


Summary

Gwen has learned a lot in the two months she has been at Mythos Academy, enough to know that the gods she once thought to be only myth are real and that Loki, with the help of his Reapers of Chaos, is close to escaping his prison and bringing about the Second Chaos War.

But even warriors deserve a break, especially after the discovery of a Reaper at Mythos Academy.  So Gwen and her friends Daphne and Carson decide to celebrate with some Trick-or-Treating, though they quickly discover that evil doesn't take breaks.

My Impression

I thought this was an okay novella.  I liked being able to see Gwen and some of the other characters outside of Mythos Academy and doing something other than studying and training, especially something like celebrating Halloween. Even though it is a novella and is clearly not going to have as complex of a plot as a novel from the series, I didn't feel that I got any new information by reading the novella.  

Why I Picked Up This Book

After reading Touch of Frost and Kiss of Frost, I figured I should read the novellas that accompany the series.

Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Mythology, Romance

 My Rating: Three Stars



Interested in other books by Jennifer Estep?  Check here to read my reviews of other books from this series.



No comments:

Post a Comment